Friday, February 3, 2012

Praying

You know, I have been pondering something lately. I have no idea what the answer is but here is my question:

Do you think those that are in Heaven, pray?

For instance, my mom died of diabetes. The same disease that Dean was just diagnosd with. I wondering if she has joined us in prayer for Dean, for example.

But, when you pray, it is common knowledge that you are praying to something you haven't scene.  This is where faith comes in. Faith is believing, in this case a god, that you can not see.

However, those that have passed away, it is a common belief that they have met God and or Jesus.

Therefore, do they continue to pray?

Or do they have face to face conversations with God/ Jesus?

Just completely random questions is all. Feel free to offer input.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting question... I look at prayer as a conversation with Heavenly Father. I think of it as picking up the telephone, to make the phone call. I do not see anyone when I call them (unless its with facetime or skype), but I know they listen.

    Do they pray, probably... it may be a lot harder to get a face-to-face conversation than a phone call.

    This is completely my speculation though, so I don't really know

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it is true we talk to God through prayer, faith is not required for prayer, but for that which we ask for in our prayers (see heading to Hebrews 11). And just because you dwell in the presence of God, doesn't mean you don't have faith in what He'll do. For instance, just because Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, it doesn't mean that he no longer had faith them. Same goes for Adam; him and Eve dwelt in the presence of God in the garden, but he still had faith. I would also like to point out that they don't need to because they live in Zion and those who live in Zion are "of one heart and one mind" (Moses 7:18)

    ReplyDelete