Thursday, December 13, 2012

Death

So, one thing that been on my mind lately is death.

Today marks the 17th anniversary of the day that my sweet mother died.

Its also the first holiday season that the Kellogg Klan finds themselves without Grandpa. Because of this fact, it has been proven to be a very emotinally difficult holiday season, for me at least.

I have gotten a lot of questions regarding how I feel about death. I used to think it was incredibly sad. Now, my prespective has changed.

I don't think death is a sad event. I am glad the many loved ones I have lost are together, and they no longer suffer in pain, whether it be emotional, temporal, or pyshical pain.  They are simply now free.  Those that have passed, have fulfilled their purpose. They fulfilled their mission of what they were sent down to earth to do, and they were called home.

I think everyone needs something to look forward too.... and I simply look forward to the day where I will be reunited with all those who have gone before me.  I love the fact that families can be together forever. It brings me so much warmth, comfort, and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Having that comfort and knowledge really helps to deal with losing loved ones temporarily. It is probably the only thing that helps to handle my grandma's death that happened almost 4 years ago.

    ReplyDelete