Friday, April 22, 2011

Morals and Values

Okay so I trained for my new job this week. Yeah go me.  As a result of training I met everyone else who is working for the same company that I have the privilege of working for here in our current town.

Quite often during our "free time" the conversation often revolved around how badly each person needed a cigarette or how much they had to drink the night before or what there favorite alcoholic beverage is, etc.

I looked around the room and noticed that each of them also had tattoos.  One had an amazing tattoo with a picture of her goddaughter that looks very real-life. The artist did a great job. And in my opinion everyone else's tattoos were not very attractive.  

There had been a discussion about one girl's tattoo and that she didn't like it anymore because it was a name of a person (her ex) and that she wanted to get it either removed or covered up.

While these people were discussing such things and I was noticing there tattoos I kept thinking that it is incredibly amazing that I was raised with such great standards that help me be safe and healthy.  By abstaining from tobacco I significantly lower the risk of getting lung cancer. By abstaining from alcohol I lower the chance of me suffering from liver disease.  From sustaining from getting tattoos I significantly lower the chance of contracting HIV/AIDS from reused needles. 


How awesome is it that I was raised with superb morals and values that stemmed from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints? I think it is superbly awesome.  It makes me VERY HAPPY!

1 comment:

  1. I wish blogger had a "like" box... because it is so awesome that I really have nothing else to add :)

    ReplyDelete